Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege 10/09/11

This upcoming sunday brings a variety of questions as to where we should take battle...

#1 - with new content emerging thanks to the rise of Isengard, we have a new 24-man raid, as well as re-surging interest in a lot of the endgame instances...

so, keep an eye out for Andeon wanting to gather a full 24-man raid for the Isengard Draigoch (sp?) raid, and if we've got 24 people, why not challenge the other more-or-less dragon of LOTRO, and drag the company back to Thorog as well...

of course, I think we'll wait a little while longer, let people settle into some of the new content - but still, look out for this in the near future...

#2 - Mirkwood and Echoes of the Dead - lot of 3-man and 6-man instance runs, as well as a couple of 12-man raids along both these lines - our end-gamers may be looking to gather friends, allies and kinmates to challenge these exciting and challenging battles - see if you'd be willing to lend your arms and skills to the cause

#3 - Carn Dum and Urugarth - there is always, ALWAYS a need for CD and Uru runs - we've always got people who need to complete some of those class quest items, and some folks that have reached level cap and beyond and STILL haven't done it - if you need class quest items, deeds or trophies from CD/Uru, speak up here, or in game on Sunday, and I'll try to put together a group for you

#4 - I had a special request (from Anarwald I think) to revisit...THE RIFT OF NAZ GHURSHU (sp?) - I *LOVE* the Rift - its an instance that can still challenge a team of 60+'s, with complex and interesting boss battles, a rather intriguing zone...and a Balrog! And a 3000 year-old elf chick in some really cool looking armor. Trust me - its a blast! a 12-man raid for levels 50 and up, and we have a strong experienced crew that have run the instance and know what to do - its long, a good 3-4 hour run depending on what happens, but its a blast - if you haven't been, make some time for it - I *highly* recommend it

#5 - its been awhile since we ran a dedicated love your lowbies night...I'm thinking that might be a better item for kin activities post the kin meeting on the 16th - with so many of our kin available, we may be able to gather a variety of groups for 6-mans in the Great Barrow, 3 and 6 mans in Garth Agarwen, and possibly even a team for the oft underappreciated Fornost! But either way, another love your lowbies dedicated SNS is coming up soon - keep an eye open for it!

thats all for now - I'm looking forward once again to seeing groups of our kin gathered for battle and fellowship on a sunday afternoon.

remember, SNS starts roughly around 2-3pm PST (thats 5-6pm EST) and onward

#6 - Also, remember that on most sundays, you can count on intrepid Lindorieh to lead the Sunday Night Skirmish - Lindorieh is fantastic about gathering companies and battling in skirmishes from all over middle earth - if you can't get in on the instance you wanted, or if you prefer the skirmish format, or if you have skirmish marks or items you need to get, look to Lindorieh a little later on sunday afternoon

#7 - Also, early Sunday (around 11am PST I think...) Filidor of the Bounders of the Shire is running a regular Watcher run - this is a very challenging 1-shot battle for a 12-man raid against the Watcher in the Water - a ton of fun for levels 60 and up - if you're interested in contributing, pop in early and offer your services - Filidor has a variety of regulars that always show up for the raid, but there may be room for new people - you'll never know unless you ask!

Oh, Captain.....You know, in RoI there's a new 75 raid....I heard it's challenging....and requires a good handle of tactics....not to mention, it's 100% new........Just a thought. *grins wickedly*

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

I did, in fact, request a Rift of *Nurz Ghashu* run, and even set my campsite skill to the nearby ranger camp when Aelliel kindly helped me through all the Level 54 Elite Masters. Even if we don't run the whole thing... I think I would probably collapse in my seat halfway through the Balrog fight, which I've heard lasts 45 minutes... I would still like to get through just enough to get my hands on some of that armor. So... pretty please? :)

As you know, Im helping Pipoe/Claramari level in the game. we are now in 35-37 range and that means GA-Fornost. It might happen.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

hammino

Sadly this sunday I will be attending my own raid, on my birthday cake to be precise. But next Sunday I would be very interested in finally attending an SNS. I would have to log off around 10 mnt time (thats 2 hours behind eastern/server time, so 4 est is 2mnt for me.)

I have only completed the new barrows once and would like to go back at some time. I am willing to try any instance but have been interested in the "Inn of the Forsaken" instance.

I have a 67 burglar, 56 warden, 16 guardian, and a 36-37 loremaster so if you need someone in those levels. I also should have a newer computer so depending if I am still loading that might either help me be better or I won't be able to play as the system might still be loading.

Anarwald wrote:
I did, in fact, request a Rift of *Nurz Ghashu* run, and even set my campsite skill to the nearby ranger camp when Aelliel kindly helped me through all the Level 54 Elite Masters. Even if we don't run the whole thing... I think I would probably collapse in my seat halfway through the Balrog fight, which I've heard lasts 45 minutes... I would still like to get through just enough to get my hands on some of that armor. So... pretty please? :)

the balrog fight can depend on length depending on how well the group is and how active the group is. Even a group with a majority of players new to the instance can finish the fight in 30 minutes. It's strategy really, the long part is the usual 15 break and 10 minute explanation right before the beginning.

Officer

Awarded:

Sunday Night Skirmishes were particularly successful tonight when we ran a level 29 Seige of Gondamon with 2 29's, 1 28, a level 31 healer (who was awesome!), and a level 44 warden with not a single death! Can't remember the last time I ran Gondamon, even with a full fellowship, without a single death!

Laerlenn also ran a couple of duo skirmishes after this event, and went from level 29 to level 31 in a single night!

I am really loving the new DPS capability of the mini.

Laerlenn
Endorlinde kinship

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Aldekim
Officer

We also completed the 3 man Oatbarton instance on tier 2 :)

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Andeon
Officer

and not one, but TWO fortresses of Annuminas fell to the might of the Lonely Mountain Band tonight! The third one we stayed away from *presumably still bugged*

it was a rather heavily over level group, its true - but it allowed us to make mistakes without having to wipe, and we still got a very good sense of how the instances run - and, on a total side note, i got the annuminas marks I wanted for the cosmetic items i've been having an eye on, which is nice

Also - its not a Sunday Night Siege event, but Filidor and the Bounders of the Shire, with some timely assistance from several members of the Lonely Mountain Band, soundly defeated the watcher in the early morning hours!

all in all, it sounds like we had a banner day delivering the killing blow to many of the plans of the enemy! Well done! But the battle is far from over - until next sunday!

Also, remember, Sunday is post-kin-meeting SNS, so time will be more limited, but there may be a ton of people on...

Awarded:

re: Good times...

The Lonely Mountain Band prepares to challenge Balhest in Ost Elendil!

Forum Image

Counter-clockwise from bottom left: Horazia, Jangwen, Figro (or was it Figri?), Loryfrida, Andeon and Anarwald.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: