Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege 08/14/11

Wow...I'll definitely have to write that up as one of our best SNS's since Helegrod and the first successful defeat of the Rift! What a night!

regarding a variety of question - Forges Runs - I've finished forges at least a half dozen times - some were as hard as our run last night, and some were deceptively easy - since it still seems to be on several folks radar, I'll write up a quick guide using what I know - perhaps that'll help save some time and effort...but it'd be too long to include here with all my other thoughts, so i'll save that for a separate post

2 - Gothorog Horns - I can't be *sure*, but I think there are at least 3 named Trolls that drop gothorog horns in Urugarth - we put 3 of them in the kinchests after our run last week - so, if lots of people need those horns, Uru may be the place to go instead - its a tighter instance (less easy to get lost) and if its horns that everyone needs, you can find them there

**caveat** I *think* they were crimson gothorog horns - I know we picked up 3 of the same kind of item, but I can't be *sure* it was the horns...just fyi

also, on that note - if you need class quest items from angmar, or CD or Uru, CHECK THE KINCHESTS FIRST - we have a lot of people do a lot of farming and questing, and a LOT of those extra leftover items that nobody needed in the group at the time make their way to the chests. You could save yourself a lot of time, and possibly give someone else a chance to finish their own quest line, if you check there first.

3 - anyone with resurrection class trait deeds that need to be finished - as some of you have already noticed, a few CD runs is a FANTASTIC way to ramp up those res deeds...I went from 45 to 100 captain reses almost soley on CD runs (I did a LOT of CD in my 50's...) - the forges also proved to be a fantastic place to ramp up resses

4 - anyone with plans to instance regularly, you'll find that defeat comes frequently - I almost *never* push items on the turbine store, as paying real money for in game items seems like the worlds biggest crock, but if you regularly subscribe and earn a general "allowance" of TP's, then purchasing the item-wear-reduction tomes can be a TON of help - I had at least a half-dozen defeats last night in forges, with heavy armor, and my repair bill was just under 200s (was defeated once without the tome, and 5 with) - and never had to stop for repairs while adventuring

trust me - for 75 tp's, 10 tomes, 1 hour no defeat damage, reduced general damage...if you get free tp's for subscribing, I'd say, buy a few

again, well done everyone, and I'm glad we all had so much fun! prepping the post for next week's adventure as well - looking forward to it - have fun all!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: