Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales on MM-e Radio

Did you want to, Hamm?

A low-tech way to get this to work is to use the vent server and have the "engineer" take a audio cable from the earphone to the line-in jack on their computer. This prevents the engineer from participating in the audio of the podcast, but makes a pretty easy way to record via any number of solutions. Its how I rebroadcasted Weatherstock 2010 to vent. I know that getting your output audio recorded without killing your mic or having everyone heard but you is a difficult engineering feat.

--Harperella

RannaDylin wrote:
Did you want to, Hamm?

I would but I don't know if my scheduel is going to permit me helping. I might be to busy I will have to get back to you.

Well, the official time for this is.....whenever everyone gets together! Heh. Just poke your head in on Landy when you've got a spare moment, and we'll get right ta work!

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
gaiagil
Officer

Awarded:

Hmmm. Since Landy is my second server, not my first, I guess I won't get to participate in this as I'm not around as much as the rest of you. If there's a set time, I can make it, but the when you're on thing doesn't work for someone who is not on very often.

I will turn my attention to my other projects then.

Gaiagil

Awarded:

Shall we try to set a time for Wednesday? It would probably have to be no later than noon eastern for me - busy at 1:30 and I'm not sure how long that will last, then church at 7 and the Exiles of the Riddermark event at 10...

I'm sorry, Gaia. I wasn't trying to make a mess or anything, I was only refering to the immediate test run of the software and discussing what we'd all do, not for every recording. That would be a bit too chaotic even for my taste! Though, you and Lenn are right, we need a set time for this. However, you mentioned that a later time would be better, so how about this weekend toward the evening?

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
gaiagil
Officer

Awarded:

I can definitely come in this morning. When I said not too early I meant not 9am your time, Loc, which for me is 6am. I'll log in now to see if you two are on. I can be there at 12noon eastern... 9am for me...

Gaiagil

Awarded:

Our test recording today went well, and we plan to record the first show following the 100th Ales & Tales this coming Monday! We are hoping to record Tuesday evenings around 6pm and edit the show on Wednesdays.

Awarded:

Huzzah! *crosses fingers that it goes well. ME radio needs more shows!

Don't forget the tales from the Fall of Gondolin as well!

Lind

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Quinna Quickfeet

I would like to volunteer for reading stories / peoms etc if you need a female voice :) . I'll shoot alesandtales an email so that you have my email on file. I can also provide a sample reading if that would be helpful.

High Officer

Awarded:

Thanks for volunteering! We're keeping a list of those who have offered to be guest readers/singers and will be calling on you all as needed. I think we'll post in the Ales and Tales subforum when we have a text to be read, and look for readers best suited to each piece (i.e. whether we need a male or female voice, etc.) there.

Awarded:

Finished editing the recordings of the first episode; exporting to wav and mp3 now...*crossing fingers* I think it turned out pretty good!

Now what do I do with the file? N.B. - the Mp3 is 50 MB. Too big to email.

Awarded:

Does John want them? Or else you can use dropbox to get them to me. Start a folder named Ales and Tales and share it with me. I think you get 2G of storage free with dropbox so 50M is not a problem.

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

We're all set! The first podcast episode will air Thursday 1am, 5am, 9am, 1pm, 5pm, 9pm CDT on mymeradio.us!

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: