Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales and Tales Weekly Jobs

Copying to the new subfolder Harp's post from the Kinship Events section about roles for A&T:

Harperella wrote:
Ales and Tales takes a lot of organization to put on. Its a very rewarding event to put on, but can also be a little hectic with all the various things to manage. After talking with Locney and Lennidhren about this, we've decided to break up the roles a little more to share the duties among a number of participants. These roles are:

Master/Mistress of Ceremonies
Introduces the acts.

Stage Manager
Organizes the acts and feeds the MC with details.

Booze Master
Distributes ale and pipeweed.

Mentor Mentor
Organizes Musical Mentoring.

Band Leader
Organizes Old Winyards.

Dancing Master
Organizes Dances.

Social Reporter
Takes screenshots and writes up the event.

Layer Wrangler
Pulls players into the correct layer.

Town Crier
Advertises for the event in various regional channels and user channels (alesandtales, shiremoot, etc)

I think that we can assign multiple roles to the organizers. So one player may act as the Dancing Master and Mentor Mentor for one week, or Social Reporter, Band Leader, and Stage Manager. But as you can see, there are many roles here. Don't hesitate to volunteer if you want to help! Ales and Tales is most fun when you can both contribute to the atmosphere and enjoy the event.

--Harperella

Awarded:

re: Ales and Tales Weekly Jobs

Here's what I came up with...

Stage Manager responsibilities:
Once the show begins, it's up to you to keep things flowing. Also you'll need to be flexible at times. Other times, you'll have to say no.

Organizing the Acts:
Write down the list of Acts, and if it's a group, be sure to get the bandleader/contact person's name. You will get tells throughout the show asking to get on the performer list. We have a fixed amount of time for the show (currently 90 minutes), so if it looks like you've got enough performers for the night, let the latecomers know that, and ask them to try again next week and suggest that they contact the Stage Mgr earlier. That way they have a better chance of getting on the performer list.

Keep the Emcee(s) up to date as to who's up next.
Pretty self-explanatory. Let the Emcee(s) know who the next performer is, and if possible what they are performing (song, tale, etc).

Making sure the Acts know when they're due to go on.
I usually give them a heads up at the start of the performance of the Act ahead of them.

I'll use last week's roster as an example:
Life of Riley is onstage for their set
/tell Gaiagil "You're up next, Gaiagil"
Gaiagil responds "Thanks!"

This way, the next performer knows to get ready. Be sure to get a response from them. If they don't respond, try once more. If they don't respond to a second try, then move on to the next act on the list. You can go back up the list if/when they do respond.

Set Times
1 song for solos/duos, 5 min slot
2 songs for bands (3 or more players) -or-
1 set for a band to go no longer than 10 minutes.

A set is defined as a group of 5 or fewer short tunes which are played back to back.

Have the music/tale acts done by 11:45 or 11:50 (Eastern) instead of letting it run right up to midnight.

This will give us time to do Mentoring and any last-minute announcements.

Regarding Announcements, I would suggest having the Announcements at the beginning of the show, when the MC's do their opening bit.

I'll go ahead and use these guidelines for tonight's show (Adso's Camp).

Suggestions/additions would be most welcome.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: